GENEVA: After talks with his US counterpart Joe Biden in Geneva, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that the US and Russia will begin consultations on cyber security, an issue of contention between the two countries.
We believe that the cyber space is extremely important for both US and Russia, Mr Putin said.
“What we need is expert-level consultations. All they (US) do is to make insinuations,” said Mr Putin at a press conference in Geneva.
“Both sides have to assume certain obligations there,” Mr Putin said.
Mr Putin described the talks with the US leader as “constructive.”
The US suspects that key US companies such as Colonial Pipeline Co., that transports fuel in the south-eastern U.S., and the JBS meat production company, were targeted in cyberattacks which originated in Russia. US officials have alleged these companies had to pay millions of dollars in ransom demands to restore their business operations.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.09.30Quad set to grow stronger, more focus on economic than China
- Diplomacy2021.09.27Webinar: Eminent diplomats, experts to map post-summit future of Quad
- Diplomacy2021.09.25Quad summit bats for free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific
- What they Say2021.09.24Kamala Harris inspiration for the world: Modi