With the world’s largest counter-corona vaccination drive set to start in India next week, Prime Minister Narendra Modi underlined that India is “ready to save humanity with two ‘Made in India’ COVID-19 vaccines.”
Inaugurating the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas on January 9, Mr Modi expressed gratitude to the Indians residing overseas for their contribution to the PM Cares Fund, a collective fight against coronavirus.
“Today, India is ready to save humanity with two ‘Made in India’ COVID-19 vaccines. India has done this earlier and it is doing it now as well,” said PM Modi.
“The world is not only waiting for India’s vaccines, but is also keeping an eye on how India will conduct its vaccination drive. Whatever India has learned during the coronavirus pandemic, it has inspired the country to become self-reliant,” he added, emphasizing the need for Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
In the last few months, Mr Modi, in discussion with the several heads of states, mentioned how Persons of Indian Origin served their societies, from doctors to social workers to even commoners. He also expressed his condolences for the Indian diaspora who lost their lives to Covid.
The PBD Convention was held for the first time in a virtual format. The theme of 16th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention 2021 is “Contributing to Aatmanirbhar Bharat”
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- THE QUOTE HANGER2021.01.23“Life loses half its interest if there is no struggle- if there are no risks taken.”-Subhas Chandra Bose
- Diplomacy2021.01.22‘Vasudhaiv Kutumbakam’ guides vaccine supply to neighbouring countries: Rajnath Singh
- India and the World2021.01.21President Biden vows to unite America, sings democracy anthem
- India and the World2021.01.19Modi set to visit UK for G7, Johnson likely to visit India