In a visit aimed at advancing Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, India’s Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar is set to expand and upgrade bilateral defence ties with the Southeast Asian country during his first foreign visit to South Korea.
The indigenous manufacturing, technology tie-ups and promotion of military equipment developed in India would be high on the agenda.
Officials said that the defence minister will meet his South Korean counterpart as well as the national security advisor to study the Korean model of indigenisation of the defence industry.
Officials also added that India is interested in studying the South Korean T-50 Golden-Eagle supersonic aircraft and is exploring the possibility of getting access to technology for similar Indian initiatives.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.09.17AUKUS triggers diplomatic churn, India adopts strategic silence
- India and the World2021.09.17With Taliban on mind, Modi asks SCO to forge template against extremism
- Business with India2021.09.16India, UK eye interim trade deal, aim for $30 billion target
- India and the World2021.09.09BRICS@15 summit: Modi calls for making BRICS more result-oriented