With an eye on the future, India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to meet the US power couple- former president Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton, who is speculated to be a potential Democrat presidential candidate in 2016.
In the days to come, all eyes will be on Hillary Clinton, former Secretary of State, and her political moves.
While the details of the meeting are not yet known, Mr Modi is scheduled to meet the Clintons in New York on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly.
The Clintons have said they have been impressed by Modi’s working style; the former president has even voiced appreciation for the Indian prime minister’s economic policies.
This will be the first meeting between Hillary Clinton and Modi; reportedly she had earlier said that Modi’s decision to invite foreign leaders to his inauguration was very politically savvy.
During the visit, Modi will meet another presidential hopeful from the Democratic Party — US’ Vice President Joe Biden, who is hosting a state lunch September 30 for Mr Modi in Washington DC.
This will not be the first time India’s leader has met US presidential hopeful during their visit to the US. In September 2000, India’s then Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee, who was in New York for the UNGA, spoke with then Republican candidate George W Bush over phone.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.10.20India, EU review 2025 roadmap, agree to advance FTA talks
- India and the World2021.09.30Quad set to grow stronger, more focus on economic than China
- Diplomacy2021.09.27Webinar: Eminent diplomats, experts to map post-summit future of Quad
- Diplomacy2021.09.25Quad summit bats for free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific