June 21st was declared as International Yoga Day when the UN general assembly adopted an India-led resolution on the matter last year. To mark the first ever International Yoga Day, Mr Modi is set to join in the yoga routine to be performed by nearly 45,000 people on Rajpath in New Delhi on June 21.
The 1.4 km long Rajpath, starting from Vijay Chowk to India Gate, will be turned into one yoga arena and all the attendees will perform Yoga following the CD prepared by Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, which will be screened on big TV displays at the venue.
The CD, which has a run time of 35 minutes, will have a recording of various aasans which everyone would follow. A copy of the CD has already been issued in English, and the government is planning to get it translated into different languages.
Though the list is yet to be finalized, all security arrangements are being made on the basis of a tentative list of attendees. Given the presence of Prime Minister Modi and Home Minister Rajnath Singh at the venue, high-scale security arrangements are being done by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Apart from the Republic Day, this is going to be first such mega event to be organised at Rajpath. To ensure security, Delhi Police as well as commandos of National Security Guards will be deployed at the venue.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2021.02.24India at forefront of global action against terrorism: Jaishankar at UNHRC
- India and the World2021.02.23India-Japan collaboration in the North-East region
- Diplomacy2021.02.22PM Morrison reaches out to India amid Australia v/s Facebook tussle
- India and the World2021.02.18Forging closer India-EU partnership in Indo-Pacific