Made for each other. India, Asia’s rising economy and Germany, Europe’s economic powerhouse, make for a perfect fit. With a rising India blessed with resources and demographic dividend, and hungry for cutting-edge technology, research and innovations, Germany is a perfect partner is more ways than one. Prime Minister Narendra Modi wasn’t dramatizing when he said in September last year that-India and Germany, bound by democratic values, are “made for each other” because of complementary skills and resources to power the next generation of industrial development through partnering in manufacturing and infrastructure development. Indeed, these will be key themes that will frame PM Modi’s first full-spectrum summit meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin on April 13. Ahead of the talks, the two leaders will jointly launch the Hannover Messe 2015 – the mecca of high technology and engineering. The Hannover Fair will frame the master-theme of PM Modi’s visit to Germany: Make in India.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. Centre for Global India Insights is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs.
- India and the WorldDecember 1, 2023COP28: PM Modi to pitch for accelerating climate finance
- India and the WorldNovember 30, 2023Inclusivity has been at the heart of India’s G20 Presidency: PM Modi
- India and the WorldNovember 23, 2023G20 Virtual Summit: Modi unveils new pro-South initiatives, voices concern over Israel-Hamas War
- India and the WorldNovember 15, 2023It’s time for Global South: India, South Africa, Cuba pitch for reforming global governance