The COVID-19 pandemic seems to have accelerated Indian outreach to the African continent. India has been delivering aid and training to African countries in their fight against the virus from sending medical teams to supplying 1 million doses of vaccine produced by the Serum Institute of India. As South Africa battles with second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, the two leaders exchanged communication for collaborative efforts against the pandemic. “Spoke to President Cyril Ramaphosa about the measures India and South Africa are taking to fight the COVID-19 pandemic domestically and internationally. India’s capacity to produce medicines and vaccines is supporting the efforts of many nations, including our friends in Africa,” Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted.
Mr Ramaphosa praised the Indian Government for its ‘gift to the world’ in the form of vaccines and scientific knowledge along with the assurance received by the Indian Government to support countries in Africa with a special package of vaccines and the joint initiative of The Vaccine Alliance and WHO COVAX with 13 million doses by the end of February 2021.”In it together. Made in India vaccines land in Johannesburg, South Africa,” tweeted External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.11.26Putin visit to India: 2+2 boost for India-Russia ties
- Diplomacy2021.11.2626/11@13: India reminds Pakistan of closure, justice for Mumbai terror victims
- India and the World2021.11.18PM Modi warns world about crypto-currencies falling in wrong hands
- Business with India2021.11.15FTAs with Australia, UK, UAE on fast track: Piyush Goyal