To attract investment from the United Kingdom, India’s Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is expected to make a strong pitch for the ‘Make in India’ initiative and address the Indian diaspora on investment and business opportunities in India during his maiden visit to Britain.
It will be second such visit to UK by a senior Indian minister since the formation of the new government in New Delhi in May last year. Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj was the first Cabinet minister to travel to the UK in 2014 to inaugurate a diaspora meet.
Mr Jaitley is going to unveil the statue of Mahatma Gandhi at the Parliament Square in London. He will then address the diaspora on business opportunities in India, ‘Make in India’ initiative and the key features from the 2015 Union Budget of India.
Mr Jaitely will also have separate meetings with Prime Minister David Cameron and Chancellor George Osborne, which are expected to set the stage for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s trip to London later this year.
In 2014 the UK invested $3.2 billion in India, more than any other G20 country.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- THE QUOTE HANGER2021.01.23“Life loses half its interest if there is no struggle- if there are no risks taken.”-Subhas Chandra Bose
- Diplomacy2021.01.22‘Vasudhaiv Kutumbakam’ guides vaccine supply to neighbouring countries: Rajnath Singh
- India and the World2021.01.21President Biden vows to unite America, sings democracy anthem
- India and the World2021.01.19Modi set to visit UK for G7, Johnson likely to visit India