India’s Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar has met with US National Security Adviser Susan Rice and discussed bilateral ties and cooperation against terror groups such as Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed, a White House statement said. In the wake of increasing global terror attacks, Mr Jaishankar is on a two-day US visit.
India and the US are already collaborating on combating terror groups and sharing intelligence. Mr Jaishankar’s visit to the US comes ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the US for the Nuclear Security Summit on March 31.
“Rice and Jaishankar affirmed their commitment to deepening bilateral cooperation on climate change, trade and defence, and noted preparations for the upcoming Nuclear Security Summit,” Ned Price, spokesman of National Security Council, White House said in a statement on March 8.
After the Pathankot attacks on January 2, the international community including the US had condemned Pakistan for not cracking down on terror groups. Mr. Jaishankar also held meetings with officials at the State Department, Department of Commerce and US Trade Representatives.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Africa Insights2022.07.20Jaishankar outlines new triad for India-Africa ties: health digital and green growth
- Diplomacy2022.07.20India, Africa co-partners in economic growth: Piyush Goyal
- India and the World2022.07.15I2U2 Quad unveils plans for making India regional food hub
- News2022.07.11Modi unveils National Emblem cast on the roof of the new Parliament