Indian intelligence agencies have documentary evidence to prove that nearly 22 years after the Mumbai blasts took place, India’s most wanted terrorist and the underworld kingpin Dawood Ibrahim is living in Pakistan. Pakistan’s High Commissioner to India Abdul Basit had recently said there is no question of handing over Dawood Ibrahim to India as he was not living in Pakistan. With the latest documents available with the Indian intelligence agencies there seems to be substantive proof to nail Pakistan’s lie.
With the National Security Advisors (NSA) talks now cancelled, the dossiers between the two NSAs could be exchanged in September on the sidelines of the UN summit. India’s National Security Advisor Ajit Doval was expected to confront his Pakistan counterpart Sartaj Aziz during the NSA talks on August 23-24, on Pakistan giving shelter to a man recognised as a terrorist internationally. This was after the Interpol had issued a Red Corner notice or International arrest warrant against Dawood and his associates. According to the latest evidence available, the Indian intelligence agencies have an April 2015 bill registered in his wife’s name showing his Karachi address in the upscale neighbourhood of Clifton. Dawood is said to have three more Pakistani passports with two more residential addresses. Apart from this the agencies have also procured the documents to show the travel details of Dawood’s family members in recent months when they traveled between Dubai and Pakistan. Also a latest photo of Dawood was released by the media.
There was also evidence to show that Dawood bought property in Karachi in as recently as 2013. This property is said to be located close to the residence of the Bhutto scion Bilawal Bhutto Zardari. With so many details available with the Indian intelligence agencies, there is enough proof to show that Dawood and his associates stay in Karachi. It is now left to Pakistan to take the evidence and admit that Dawood resides in Pakistan or continue to live in denial
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2020.11.26India-Italy Connect: The Road Ahead (WEBINAR VIDEO)
- India and the World2020.11.25Italian envoy calls for rebalancing Europe-China ties, pitches for enhanced defence ties with India
- Diplomacy2020.11.24India eyes closer ties with Bahrain, UAE, and Seychelles
- China Connect2020.11.23China-India G20 connect: Xi, Modi bat for multilateralism