Bali: India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi called for a ceasefire and diplomacy in the Russia-Ukraine war and underlined the need for energy security.
In his remarks at the G20 summit in Bali on November 15, PM Modi also spoke of the challenges presented by climate change, the Covid pandemic, and the importance of India’s energy security for global growth. “India’s energy security is important for global growth, as it is the world’s fastest-growing economy,” said PM Modi. “We must not promote any restrictions on the supply of energy and stability in the energy market should be ensured.”
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. Centre for Global India Insights is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs.
- India and the WorldMarch 2, 2024Jaishankar charts India’s ascent to a leading power
- India and the WorldMarch 1, 2024India-Mauritius Connect: From Runways to RuPay
- India and the WorldFebruary 28, 2024Gaza crisis: Jaishankar pitches for sustainable solution, says terror unacceptable
- India and the WorldFebruary 26, 2024Raisina Call: It’s time for a female UN Secretary-General