Prime Minister Narendra Modi, soon after his arrival on a two day visit to Bangladesh visited the National Martyrs’ Memorial (Jatiyo Sriti Shoudho), the National monument of Bangladesh to pay tributes to the valour and the sacrifice of those who gave their lives in the Bangladesh Liberation War of 1971. The monument is located in Savar, about 35 km north-west of Dhaka and was designed by Syed Mainul Hossain.
Prime Minister also planted sapling of Arjun tree at the memorial premises and signed the visitor’s book in the monument. He wrote – “I pray that the eternal flame at Savar remains a lasting reminder of the noble victory of truth and courage over deceit and oppression.”
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2023.06.02Mutual respect and complete consensus,that is the hallmark of BRICS : Jaishankar
- India and the World2023.05.19With Global South on mind, Modi touches down in Hiroshima for G7 summit
- India and the World2023.04.28A Time for Global South in G20
- India and the World2023.04.26Continent of Hope: It’s Time for Compact with Africa 2.0