Signaling a new focus on expediting FTAs with key countries, Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal has underlined that talks for the proposed free trade agreements (FTAs) with countries, including Australia, the UK and the UAE, are moving at a fast pace.
These FTAs pacts, when implemented, would help provide greater market access to domestic goods, Mr Goyal said on November 14. The minister added that talks for free trade agreements are going on with Australia, UAE, GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council), European Union, Israel and the UK.
When these agreements would be finalised, it would provide “greater access to our manufactured goods as there will be less or zero customs duties,” the minister said.
At another event, while inaugurating the 40th India International Trade Fair, Mr Goyal said the world takes India as a trusted global partner in maintaining global supply chains. India is on historical high of exports of goods and services, he said.
Mr Goyal said added the lockdown, India did not default on any service support to the global community. India has been witnessing historic high of FDIs, the highest ever FDI in first 4 months. It’s 62 per cent higher than samw period last year. IITF will show India is back in business, he added.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2022.08.17India with France: Modi, Macron discuss civil nuclear energy, defence, food security
- India and the World2022.08.16Quad is about seascape, not landscape: Tomohiko Taniguchi
- India and the World2022.08.15India@100: PM Modi unveils next steps for making India a developed nation by 2047
- Africa Insights2022.07.20Jaishankar outlines new triad for India-Africa ties: health digital and green growth