BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN: Looking to step up economic ties and people-to-people contacts, India an Brunei, the energy-rich Southeast Asian nation, signed two pacts on promoting sports and youth exchanges and enhanced cooperation in health sector.
The two pacts were signed after wide-ranging talks between India’s Vice-President Hamid Ansari and Brunei’s Crown Prince in Bandar Seri Begawan, the capital of Brunei on February 2. .
India will also operationalize the e-visa facility for Brunei nationals, which was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the ASEAN summit in Kuala Lumpur last year, by March, said Mr Anil Wadhwa, Secretary (East) in India’s ministry of external affairs.
Enhancing health cooperation will be a major focus area of growth in India-Brunei relations. The pact outlines a broad framework of bolstering health cooperation by pooling technical, scientific, financial and human resources and to upgrade the health care, medical education, research between the two countries. The specific identified for bilateral cooperation include: exchange of doctors, other professionals and experts; exchange of information on health; medical and health research development; regulations of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and cosmetics and to promote business development in these areas; and health promotion and disease prevention.
The pact on youth and sports affairs provides a framework for exchanges of sports persons and sports teams and to facilitate the exchange of expertise in coaching, sports talent identification, sports management and administration and exchange of information in the field of youth affairs.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2020.11.26India-Italy Connect: The Road Ahead (WEBINAR VIDEO)
- India and the World2020.11.25Italian envoy calls for rebalancing Europe-China ties, pitches for enhanced defence ties with India
- Diplomacy2020.11.24India eyes closer ties with Bahrain, UAE, and Seychelles
- China Connect2020.11.23China-India G20 connect: Xi, Modi bat for multilateralism