BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN: Looking to step up economic ties and people-to-people contacts, India an Brunei, the energy-rich Southeast Asian nation, signed two pacts on promoting sports and youth exchanges and enhanced cooperation in health sector.
The two pacts were signed after wide-ranging talks between India’s Vice-President Hamid Ansari and Brunei’s Crown Prince in Bandar Seri Begawan, the capital of Brunei on February 2. .
India will also operationalize the e-visa facility for Brunei nationals, which was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the ASEAN summit in Kuala Lumpur last year, by March, said Mr Anil Wadhwa, Secretary (East) in India’s ministry of external affairs.
Enhancing health cooperation will be a major focus area of growth in India-Brunei relations. The pact outlines a broad framework of bolstering health cooperation by pooling technical, scientific, financial and human resources and to upgrade the health care, medical education, research between the two countries. The specific identified for bilateral cooperation include: exchange of doctors, other professionals and experts; exchange of information on health; medical and health research development; regulations of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and cosmetics and to promote business development in these areas; and health promotion and disease prevention.
The pact on youth and sports affairs provides a framework for exchanges of sports persons and sports teams and to facilitate the exchange of expertise in coaching, sports talent identification, sports management and administration and exchange of information in the field of youth affairs.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is a pioneering e-magazine and portal focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have been interviewed by and have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. To subscribe to India and World, write to email@example.com
- News2020.05.30The present and future of 130 crore will never be dictated by an adversity : Modi
- China Connect2020.05.28India-China border stand-off: Chinese envoy calls for settling amicably, invokes close ties
- Diplomacy2020.05.27Trump offers to mediate in India-China border standoff
- Africa Insights2020.05.26Pandemic & Beyond: India, Africa to forge defining partnership of next decades: Rahul Chhabra