India and Japan have stepped up their mutual collaboration by signing 15 agreements covering diverse areas. These pacts, which were signed after talks between India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe, include:
Disaster risk management
The Government of India and the Cabinet office of Japan signed a MOC that aims to cooperate and collaborate in the field of disaster risk reduction and to share the experiences, knowledge and policies on disaster prevention.
MoC in the field of Japanese Language Education in India between MEA and MOFA, Japan to further strengthen bilateral relations and cooperation in the field of Japanese language education in India
India Japan Act East forum signed an agreement to enhance connectivity and promote developmental projects in the North Eastern Region of India in an efficient and effective manner.
Economic and commercial
Arrangement between India Post and Japan Post on Administrative Instruction for the Implementation of Cool EMS service through which fresh food can be sent from Japan to India in cool boxes to facilitate for the Japanese expatriates in India.
- India-Japan Investment Promotion Road map between DIPP and METI to facilitate and accelerate the Japanese investments in India.
- MOC between METI and the State of Gujarat on ‘Japan-India special programme for Make In India’ in Mandal Bechraj-Khoraj in Gujarat To Cooperate in infrastructure development programmes in theMandal Bechraj-Khoraj region.
Exchange of RoD on Civil Aviation Cooperation (Open Sky) which opens skies between India and Japan i.e. Indian and Japanese carriers can mount now unlimited number of flights to the selected cities of each other’s countries.
Science and technology
- Agreement for International joint exchange programme between interdisciplinary theoretical and mathematical sciences programme (iTHEMS), RIKEN and National Centres for Biological Sciences (Simons-NCBS) to establish a Joint Exchange Program to identify and foster talented young scientists from both the countries to collaborate in the field of theoretical biology.
- Joint Research Contract between National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science & Technology (AIST), Japan and Department of Biotechnology (DBT) to conduct joint research and to establish an International Center named as “DBT-AISTInternationalCENter for Translational & Environmental Research (DAICENTER)” at AIST, Japan in order to promote science and technology in both the institutions and countries.
- MOU Between DBT and National Institute of Advanced Science & Technology (AIST) to promote research collaboration between DBT Research Institutes and AIST in the field of Life Science and Biotechnology.
- MoU on International Academic and Sports Exchange between Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education (LNIPE) and Nippon Sports Science University, Japan (NSSU) to facilitate and deepen international education cooperation and exchanges between these two institutes.
- MoU on International Academic and Sports Exchange between Sports Authority of India and Nippon Sports Science University, Japan (NSSU)
- LETTER OF INTENT between Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education (LNIPE) and University of Tsukuba, Japan to strengthen strategic collaboration, joint research programme and exchanges between the two.
- LETTER OF INTENT between Sports Authority of India and University of Tsukuba, Japan
Academics/ Think Tank
MoU between RIS and IDE-JETRO for promotion of Cooperation in Research Related Activities to promote institutional cooperation between RIS and IDE-JETRO to strengthen the capacity of research and effectiveness of dissemination of research findings
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2021.02.24India at forefront of global action against terrorism: Jaishankar at UNHRC
- India and the World2021.02.23India-Japan collaboration in the North-East region
- Diplomacy2021.02.22PM Morrison reaches out to India amid Australia v/s Facebook tussle
- India and the World2021.02.18Forging closer India-EU partnership in Indo-Pacific