Murty S. Kambhampati, an Indian-American scientist and biology professor, is among the15 chosen ones for the prestigious U.S Presidential Award for excellence in the field of mathematics, science and engineering mentoring.
Kambhampati, who graduated from Andhra University, India, is a professor of biology at the Southern University at New Orleans. According to a White house report, he has been mentor to many researchers and has steadily boosted the graduation rates in recent years.
Another person from the Indian sub-continent to receive this award is the Sri Lankan origin Tilak Ratnanather, an associate professor of Biomedical engineering at the Johns Hopkins University, Maryland. The award ceremony is planned to be hosted in the White house later this year.
“These educators are helping to cultivate America’s future scientists, engineers and mathematicians,” said President Barack Obama while announcing the names of the award winners.
“They open new worlds to their students, and give them the encouragement they need to learn, discover and innovate. That’s transforming those students’ futures and our nation’s future too.” added the President.
The winners are to be awarded with $10,000 from the National Science Foundation later this year.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2022.01.07India snubs Pakistan yet again, says no to SAARC summit
- Diplomacy2021.12.24Canada’s new envoy to India to re-energise ties
- News2021.12.23Post-Covid, Modi sees India emerging as a world leader
- India and the World2021.12.15Speaker’s visit set to energise India-Vietnam ties