“The mind is not ready to believe that Atal Ji is no longer with us. He was a stalwart loved and respected across all sections of society. As a speaker, he was unparalleled. He is among the best orators our nation has produced,the party which Atalji built has become among the largest political parties. Generations of Karyakartas were fortunate to be mentored by him.For some people, power is oxygen… they can’t live without it. A long part of Atal Ji’s career was spent in the opposition benches but he spoke about national interest and never compromised on the ideology of the party,he built the Jana Sangh but when the time came to rescue our democracy he and others went to Janata Party. Likewise, when the choice was between remaining in power or comprising on ideology, he left Janata Party and formed the BJP.”
PM Narendra Modi released the coin a day before former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s 94th birth anniversary, coin worth Rs 100 in honour of Vajpayee, who died in August this year.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2021.02.24India at forefront of global action against terrorism: Jaishankar at UNHRC
- India and the World2021.02.23India-Japan collaboration in the North-East region
- Diplomacy2021.02.22PM Morrison reaches out to India amid Australia v/s Facebook tussle
- India and the World2021.02.18Forging closer India-EU partnership in Indo-Pacific