“We have tariffs coming in on $250 billion worth of goods and we’re talking about billions and billions of dollars a month will flow into our country, and has already started flowing into our country, that comes from China. So China’s never been put in this position, and I don’t want to put them in a bad position. I want to put them in a great position. But it’s called reciprocal. We have to have a reciprocal trade. We can’t have a trade that’s meant for stupid people. And that’s the way they took advantage of our country. And we don’t have that anymore, and they understand that, I think a deal will be made. We’ll find out very soon.China wants to make a deal. They sent a list of things that they’re willing to do, which was a large list. It is just not acceptable to me yet, but at some point, I think we are doing extremely well with respect to China. I have a great respect for President Xi. I have a great respect for China, I think that they’re going to come in, and we’re going to either open up China and make it fair, because it’s not fair right now. They do very little business with us, and we do a lot of business. It, you know, it’s just can’t be. Plus they have tremendous barriers. They have tremendous tariffs on us that we didn’t have on them.”
US President Donald Trump said he thinks there will be a trade deal with China, his statement came ahead of his meeting with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping in Argentina later this month.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. Centre for Global India Insights is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs.
- Business with IndiaSeptember 30, 2023Private Innovation in Digital Public Infrastructure
- India and the WorldSeptember 30, 2023Global Geopolitics: India’s Role As a Consensus Builder
- India and the WorldSeptember 26, 2023Rise of India bodes well for Global South & Africa: Mehdi Jomaa
- CultureSeptember 26, 2023G20 Presidency Showcases India’s Rich Cultural Heritage and Soft Power: Abhay K