Underlining the agenda of Swachh Bharat (Clean India), on the occasion of Earth Day, India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted that the Earth Day is the perfect moment to reaffirm India’s commitment to keep the planet clean and green, and focus
“We belong to a culture that believes in the Mantra- Earth is our Mother and we are her children. Caring for the environment is an integral part of our ethos. India can truly show the way to the world in mitigating climate change,” he said in a series of tweets.
Earth day is an annual event, first celebrated on April 22, 1970; the day is celebrated in more than 192 countries each year. Several countries from around the world hold some environment friendly event on this date and take some initiatives to support the environment. This year the Indian city of Thane was named as the ‘National Earth Capital’ by the World Wildlife Fund.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2022.12.01India@G20: A presidency of healing, harmony and hope
- Diplomacy2022.11.27India’s G20 presidency to focus on global good: PM Modi
- Diplomacy2022.11.16Modi’s green diplomacy in Bali: India joins Mangrove Alliance for Climate
- Diplomacy2022.11.15India calls for Ukraine dialogue, focus on energy security