Underlining the agenda of Swachh Bharat (Clean India), on the occasion of Earth Day, India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted that the Earth Day is the perfect moment to reaffirm India’s commitment to keep the planet clean and green, and focus
“We belong to a culture that believes in the Mantra- Earth is our Mother and we are her children. Caring for the environment is an integral part of our ethos. India can truly show the way to the world in mitigating climate change,” he said in a series of tweets.
Earth day is an annual event, first celebrated on April 22, 1970; the day is celebrated in more than 192 countries each year. Several countries from around the world hold some environment friendly event on this date and take some initiatives to support the environment. This year the Indian city of Thane was named as the ‘National Earth Capital’ by the World Wildlife Fund.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- News2020.09.19NEP sets the vision of developing an equitable and vibrant knowledge society: President Kovind
- Emerging Powers/BRICS2020.09.18‘Special and Privileged Strategic Partnership’ between India and Russia :Modi
- India and the World2020.09.17IBSA stands up to be counted, pushes hard for UNSC reforms
- China Connect2020.09.16India believes that mutual respect and mutual sensitivity are the basis for peaceful relations with neighbours : Rajnath Singh