They gamble on ideas, put money on enterprise and stretch boundaries of excellence and entrepreneurial daring. They have the Midas touch – eleven Indian American investors figure in the Forbes magazine’sannual list of the 100 best venture capitalists.
Jim Goetz of Sequoia Capital maintained the number 1 spot for the second year in a row due to his mobile messaging company WhatsApp, which was acquired by Facebook for $22 billion.
Leading the Indian-Americans on the prized list is 49-year old Aneel Bhusri, CEO and Cofounder of Workday, a cloud-based financials and human resources software firm. Bhusri, who acquired his graduation from Stanford business school is ranked 17th in the list with a net worth of $1.22 billion.
Salil Deshpande, Managing Director of Brain Capital Venture has been ranked 24th in the list. Promod Haque, Norwest Venture Partners Senior Managing Partner has bagged the 26th position.
A notable exclusion from the list was that of the founder of Khosla Ventures, Vinod Khosla who has been a regular inclusion in the Midas list till now. He ranked 63rd last year.
The other Indian-Americans on the list are Greylock partner Asheem Chandna (36), Accel partner Sameer Gandhi (37), Founding Partner at Wing Venture Partners Gaurav Garg (38), Managing Director of Mayfield Fund Navin Chaddha (42), Manging Director at Insight Venture Partners Deven Parekh (57), General Partner at Battery Ventures Neeraj Agrawal (58), Managing Director at Menlo Ventures Venky Ganesan (86) and Managing Director at Redpoint Ventures Satish Dharmaraj (90).
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Buzz2021.08.05Historic! A day that will be etched in the memory of every Indian : Modi
- India and the World2021.08.02India in UNSC: A unique opportunity to showcase India’s Security Council ambition
- What they Say2021.07.29Negotiation the only path to achieve peace in Afghanistan: Blinken
- Diplomacy2021.07.28US pledges $25 million for vaccines in India, will end pandemic