Amid frenzied speculation in the wake of a hung assembly in Jammu and Kashmir, the BJP has said that all options are open, including the party forming the next government in India’s northern state.
“All options are open for us, BJP will decide on how other parties respond or initiate,” BJP president Amit Shah told journalists after the results of the elections in Jammu and Kashmir became clear, with the BJP emerging as the second largest party in the 87-member state assembly with 25 seats. This is the BJP’s best ever electoral performance in Jammu and Kashmir.
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has emerged as the single largest party, winning 30 seats and looks set to form the next government. Latest trends indicate that the Congress will end up with 16 seats. In such a scenario, the PDP has a choice of either partnering with the Congress or the BJP.
PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti has refused to respond to speculation, saying her party will go for the formation which will help fructify the aspirations of the people of Jammu and Kashmir and take the democratic process forward in the state.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2023.03.20Japan PM seeks India’s central role in updated Indo-Pacific strategy
- India and the World2023.03.15Why India-US semi-conductor agreement matters
- Diplomacy2023.03.11India-China conflict likely to escalate: US intelligence report
- India and the World2023.03.10India, Australia to strengthen security, Indo-Pacific cooperation