The Prime Minister said that he now wants to take the message of modern Yoga, from the cities to the villages, and to the homes of the poor and tribal communities. He emphasized that Yoga must become part of the lives of the poor and the tribals, because they suffer the most on account of illness.The Prime Minister said that today, with changing times, our focus should be on wellness too, besides preventing illness. He said Yoga can give us this strength. He said this is the spirit of Yoga, and of ancient Indian philosophy.
The Prime Minister said Yoga is not accomplished merely by the activities that we perform for a while on the ground or the mat. He said Yoga implies discipline and dedication, and this must be practiced throughout our lives.The Prime Minister said Yoga transcends the barriers of age, colour, caste, community, thought, sect, rich or poor, State, and border. He said Yoga belongs to everyone.The Prime Minister said that today, from drawing rooms to board rooms, parks to sports complexes, and streets to wellness centres, Yoga has caught the imagination of people.
Narendra Modi said that Yoga is both ancient and modern. It is constant and evolving, he added.For centuries, the essence of Yoga has remained the same: healthy body, stable mind, spirit of oneness, the Prime Minister said. Yoga provides a perfect blend of knowledge, work and devotion, he said.
The Prime Minister said that as the world adopts Yoga, we should lay stress on research related to the subject. He said Yoga should connect with disciplines such as medicine, physiotherapy, and artificial intelligence.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.11.26Putin visit to India: 2+2 boost for India-Russia ties
- Diplomacy2021.11.2626/11@13: India reminds Pakistan of closure, justice for Mumbai terror victims
- India and the World2021.11.18PM Modi warns world about crypto-currencies falling in wrong hands
- Business with India2021.11.15FTAs with Australia, UK, UAE on fast track: Piyush Goyal