Unveiling plans to launch India-US climate and clean energy Agenda 2030 partnership, Prime Minister Narendra Modi pitched for high-speed concrete action and invited “partners to create templates of sustainable development in India.”
“For humanity to combat climate Change, concrete action is needed. We need such action at a high speed, on a large scale, and with a global scope,” Mr Modi told world leaders at the digital Global Climate Summit convened by US President Joe Biden on April 22.
“As a climate-responsible developing country, India welcomes partners to create templates of sustainable development in India. These can also help other developing countries, who need affordable access to green finance and clean technologies,” said PM Modi. In India’s quest for green transition, PM Modi outlined the importance of the India-US “India-US climate and clean energy Agenda 2030 partnership”. “Together, we will help mobilise investments, demonstrate clean technologies, and enable green collaborations,” he said.
The Indian leader highlighted “many bold steps” taken by his country on clean energy, energy efficiency, afforestation, and bio-diversity despite its development challenges.
Alluding to India’s record and initiatives towards greening the country’s future, Mr Modi stressed that sustainable lifestyles and guiding philosophy of “back to basics” will be important pillars of the economic strategy for the post-COVID era.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2022.05.21Quad summit in Tokyo to focus on rules-based Indo-Pacific
- China Connect2022.05.19Implement Global Security Initiative, Maintain Peace and Stability in Asia
- India and the World2022.05.17India-Nepal ties strong & stables as Himalayas: Modi
- Quote-Unquote2022.05.04India believes there will be no winner in Russia-Ukraine conflict : Modi