Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the leaders of Brazil, the United States, and Spain exchanged information on the coronavirus situation in their respective countries and underscored the importance of cooperation and coordinated response to the deepening global health crisis.During his phone conversation with Brazilian President Jair Messias Bolsonaro, Modi condoled the loss of lives due to COVID-19 and said the prayers of every Indian are with the people of Brazil.
The two leaders discussed the global situation in the wake of the pandemic and stressed the significance of close cooperation under the bilateral and multilateral frameworks to mitigate the crises. They agreed on the need to forge a new human-centric concept of globalization for the post-COVID world, the Ministry of External Affairs said in a press release. Modi assured all possible support to the Brazilian President while agreeing that their officials would remain in regular touch regarding the evolving COVID-19 situation.
Recalling with gratitude the participation of the Brazilian President as the chief guest in the 70th Republic Day celebrations this year, the prime minister expressed happiness at the growing vibrancy in the India-Brazil friendship. He also thanked Brazil for its leadership of BRICS in the past year, MEA said.Modi also held a telephonic conversation with President Donald Trump and exchanged views on the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. He conveyed deep condolences for the loss of lives in the United States and his prayers for the early recovery of those still suffering from the disease.
Stressing the special relationship between the two countries, PM Modi reiterated India’s solidarity with the USA in overcoming this global crisis together. The two leaders agreed to deploy the full strength of the India-US partnership to resolutely and effectively combat COVID-19. The prime minister and the US President exchanged notes on the respective steps taken in each country for mitigating the health and economic impacts of the pandemic. The two leaders also touched upon the significance of practices, such as Yoga and Ayurveda, for ensuring physical and mental well-being. They agreed that their officials would remain in close touch concerning the global COVID-19 crisis.
During his conversation with Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez Perez-Castejon, Modi conveyed his deepest condolences for the tragic loss of lives in Spain and offered his prayers for the speedy recovery of those suffering from the disease. He assured Mr Sanchez that India stands in solidarity with the heroic Spanish efforts, and would be ready to extend support to the best of its ability. The two leaders agreed on the importance of international cooperation for fighting the global health crisis.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.01.21President Biden vows to unite America, sings democracy anthem
- India and the World2021.01.19Modi set to visit UK for G7, Johnson likely to visit India
- China Connect2021.01.16Xi’s ‘cloud diplomacy’ helps world emerge from pandemic with enhanced solidarity
- India and the World2021.01.16Pharma Pride: PM Modi leads world’s biggest vaccination drive