KEVADIA: Breathing a new life into his mission to promote eco-friendly life-style, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in the presence of U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, launched ‘Mission LiFE’ (Lifestyle For Environment), a pioneering initiative for sustainable and healthy lifestyle.
Mission LiFE makes the fight against climate change democratic with the contribution of everyone in per own capacity, said the prime minister. he underlined that ‘Mission LiFE’ will strengthen the concept of a pro-people planet, and hoped that this will strengthen the spirit of the P3 model, i.e. Pro-Planet People, as it is premised on the basic principles of ‘Lifestyle of the planet, for the planet and by the planet’.
PM Modi described the Mission LiFe as a global initiative by India to help the world in its fight against climate change and lead to a sustainable way of life to achieve the sustainable development goals set by the U.N..
The launch came ahead of COP27 in Egypt next month.
The action plan – a list of ideas on lifestyle changes that can be taken up as climate-friendly behaviour – along with the logo and tagline for Mission LiFE (Lifestyle for Environment) were jointly launched by Mr Modi and Mr Guterres.
The plan includes nudging individuals to practice simple yet effective environment-friendly actions in their daily lives (demand), enabling industries and markets to respond swiftly to the changing demand (supply), and to influence government and industrial policy to support both sustainable consumption and production (policy).
“The launch of Mission LiFE in Gujarat is important as it was the first state in the country to initiate measures in the direction of renewable energy and climate protection,” PM Modi said.
PM Modi underlined the importance of measures like solar power plants or installing panels on canals or water conservation in drought-prone areas were meant to fight the environmental-related calamities.
Lauding India’s initiative of the International Solar Alliance, Mr Guterres that the country was pursuing environmentally sound policies to promote renewable energy and reducing usage of fossil fuels. “We need to unleash the renewable revolution and I look forward to working with India in driving this agenda forward,” Mr. Guterres added.
During his trip to Gujarat, Mr. Guterres visited Modhera Sun Temple near Ahmedabad where the entire village draws the power from solar panels installed in the temple campus as well as on the rooftops of the houses and the government offices.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2022.12.01India@G20: A presidency of healing, harmony and hope
- Diplomacy2022.11.27India’s G20 presidency to focus on global good: PM Modi
- Diplomacy2022.11.16Modi’s green diplomacy in Bali: India joins Mangrove Alliance for Climate
- Diplomacy2022.11.15India calls for Ukraine dialogue, focus on energy security