Amid the raging Ukraine war, Moscow underlined the common commitment of Russia and India to a “more just” and “polycentric” world order, setting the tone India’s External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar’s visit to the Russian capital.
Russia and India stand for the formation of a “more just” and “polycentric” world order and both sides demonstrated the proximity of positions on the most pressing issues, Russia’s foreign ministry said in a statement ahead of the talks between the foreign ministers of the two countries.
In their talks, Jaishankar and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov will focus on trade and investment, use of national currencies for trade, “promising projects” in the energy sector and the formation of a security architecture in the Asia-Pacific region.
“Russia and India stand for the active formation of a more just and equal polycentric world order, and proceed from the inadmissibility of promoting the imperialist diktat on the global arena,” it said.
Jaishankar will also hold talks with Russian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Trade and Industry Denis Manturov during the visit.
“Mr Jaishankar’s visit to Moscow underscores India’s strategic call to nurture special ties with Russia despite growing international pressure on New Delhi to downgrade its ties with Moscow,” said Manish Chand, CEO, India Writes Network and Director, Centre for Global India Insights (CGII). “Mr Jaishankar is also likely to convey India’s willingness to play the role of peacemaker in ending the Ukraine conflict,” he said.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2022.12.01India@G20: A presidency of healing, harmony and hope
- Diplomacy2022.11.27India’s G20 presidency to focus on global good: PM Modi
- Diplomacy2022.11.16Modi’s green diplomacy in Bali: India joins Mangrove Alliance for Climate
- Diplomacy2022.11.15India calls for Ukraine dialogue, focus on energy security