Warning India of the sheer magnitude of the coronavirus health crisis, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced a nation-wide lockdown for three weeks to curb the rampaging pandemic.
In a televised address to the people – his second address in less than a month – Mr Modi said that the next three weeks are extremely critical for people of India and warned that if it is not controlled in this period, then the nation can be set back by 21 years.
The 64-year-old Indian leader exhorted 1.3 billion people of India to rigorously observe self-quarantine and self-discipline by staying indoors for the next three weeks.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is a pioneering e-magazine and portal focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have been interviewed by and have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. To subscribe to India and World, write to email@example.com
- Africa Insights2020.06.01India, Africa should accelerate UNSC reforms: South Africa’s BRICS Sherpa
- News2020.05.30The present and future of 130 crore will never be dictated by an adversity : Modi
- China Connect2020.05.28India-China border stand-off: Chinese envoy calls for settling amicably, invokes close ties
- Diplomacy2020.05.27Trump offers to mediate in India-China border standoff