Warning India of the sheer magnitude of the coronavirus health crisis, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced a nation-wide lockdown for three weeks to curb the rampaging pandemic.
In a televised address to the people – his second address in less than a month – Mr Modi said that the next three weeks are extremely critical for people of India and warned that if it is not controlled in this period, then the nation can be set back by 21 years.
The 64-year-old Indian leader exhorted 1.3 billion people of India to rigorously observe self-quarantine and self-discipline by staying indoors for the next three weeks.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2022.11.27India’s G20 presidency to focus on global good: PM Modi
- Diplomacy2022.11.16Modi’s green diplomacy in Bali: India joins Mangrove Alliance for Climate
- Diplomacy2022.11.15India calls for Ukraine dialogue, focus on energy security
- India and the World2022.11.11Russia-Ukraine War: India’s Global Balancing Act