More than four months after India assumed the G20 presidency, the country’s G20 Chief Coordinator, eminent diplomats and experts will share their views at a conference in New Delhi on how New Delhi can leverage its G20 presidency to help forge a more democratic and inclusive world order.
Organized by India Writes Network and Centre for Global India Insights, a think tank focused on international affairs, the conference themed, “India’s G20 Moment: Forging an Inclusive World Order” will be held in New Delhi on April 12.
Mr Harsh Vardhan Shringla, India’s G20 Chief Coordinator, will deliver the Keynote address at the conference.
Eminent personalities who will speak at the conference include Amar Patnaik, Member of Parliament and author; Indonesia’s Ambassador to India Ina H. Krisnamurthi; UN Resident Coordinator Shombi Sharp; Mr Deep Kapuria, Chairman, The Hi-Tech Group; Eduardo Uziel, Charge D’ Affairs, Embassy of Brazil; and Ashish Kumar Sinha, Joint Secretary (G20-II), MEA.
The special edition of India and the World, titled “India’s G20 Moment: Healing Hope & Harmony,” will also be unveiled at the conference.
“The global governance structure has become hopelessly archaic. Reforms are urgently needed to democratize the international order,” said Manish Chand, Founder-CEO, India Writes Network and CGII. Against this backdrop, India has a unique opportunity to shape a truly inclusive world order, which is more representative and reflective of aspirations of developing countries, he said. Amplifying the theme of the conference, Mr Chand underlined that it is India’s G20 moment in many ways as the world is increasingly looking at India as a problem-solver and agenda-setter.
Reforming the global governance architecture holds the key to shaping an inclusive world order which will benefit the entire world in the spirit of “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam,” the philosophy of One Earth One Family One Future that animates India’s G20 presidency, said the concept note for the conference.
The conference is expected to culminate in concrete proposals for facilitating reformed multilateralism and enhancing global collaboration across crucial areas ranging from accelerating Sustainable Development Goals and green transition to food and energy security.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2023.05.19With Global South on mind, Modi touches down in Hiroshima for G7 summit
- India and the World2023.04.28A Time for Global South in G20
- India and the World2023.04.26Continent of Hope: It’s Time for Compact with Africa 2.0
- Events/Seminar2023.04.14Inclusion, Global South to guide India’s G20 presidency