Building on positive momentum in bilateral ties generated by India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s surprise visit to Lahore, Islamabad is has said it will discuss all outstanding issues at thevforeign secretary-level talks later this month.
Pakistan will raise all issues of concern in the upcoming foreign secretary level talks between Pakistan and India, according to the Pakistan Foreign Office on December 31. “We are finalising dates through diplomatic channels for the upcoming foreign secretary level talks,” said Qazi Khailullah, the spokesman for the Foreign Office.
“The Foreign Secretaries of India and Pakistan during their meeting in Islamabad will finalise a schedule of meetings of various segments of the comprehensive bilateral dialogue in accordance with the joint statement issued on December 9,” said the statement.
“Pakistan and India have serious issues and outstanding disputes that need to be resolved through dialogue and diplomacy,” the spokesperson said. The talks between India’s Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar and his Pakistani counterpart Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhary will determine the contents and schedule of comprehensive bilateral dialogue between the two countries. The National Security Advisers of India and Pakistan will separately discuss issues related to terror.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Africa Insights2020.07.11Webinar Video: Mapping Next Steps in India-Africa Partnership
- China Connect2020.07.10It’s time to put India-China relations back on track, think ahead: Chinese envoy
- Business with India2020.07.09India is playing a leading role in the global revival: Modi
- India and the World2020.07.06Doval-Wang video call defuses India-China crisis, focus back on border peace