India’s national flag will be flown at half-mast throughout the country, and there will be no official entertainment on Lee’s funeral on March 29.
Mr Lee, the visionary leader who transformed Singapore into an economic powerhouse with world-class infrastructure, died of severe pneumonia on March 23. He was 91.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will travel to Singapore to attend Lee’s funeral.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is a pioneering e-magazine and portal focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have been interviewed by and have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. To subscribe to India and World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2020.06.06Australian media reports on India virtual summit focuses on countering China
- In Conversation2020.06.05India a rising global power, a natural partner: Czech Foreign Minister (INTERVIEW)
- Diplomacy2020.06.04India, Australia elevate partnership; sign seven agreements
- Diplomacy2020.06.04Virtual summit: India, Australia elevate ties, sign maritime declaration