Reports of the perpetrator of California’s mass shootings (which took place on December 2) visiting India have been doing the rounds. Clarifying the reports, Indian intelligence officials say she never visited or stayed in India but may have transited through India. A thorough check run by Indian intelligence agencies on immigration or visa records has failed to show up any trace of California mass shooting suspect Tashfeen Malik’s visit to India in 2013, as alleged by a Saudi interior ministry official.
Concluding that Ms Malik had never visited or stayed in India, intelligence officials said, “as there exists no record of her two Pakistani passports — passport number BF 0760081 valid from 2008 to 2013 and passport number KE-512100 issued thereafter from Riyadh — in the immigration records.”
She may have at best transited through India to a third country, but then such detail would not show up in immigration records,” according to an unnamed officer. “There is no way a Pakistani citizen can escape the scanner as the checks are much stringent in their case. Malik may have either not visited at all or transited through an Indian airport on a connecting flight,” he said.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2020.12.01SCO meet: India targets Pakistan for terrorism, China for BRI
- China Connect2020.11.28A New Start, A New Journey
- Diplomacy2020.11.26India-Italy Connect: The Road Ahead (WEBINAR VIDEO)
- India and the World2020.11.25Italian envoy calls for rebalancing Europe-China ties, pitches for enhanced defence ties with India