Pointing that implementation was the crux of the entire governance paradigm, the Vice President called for measures to build a culture of monitoring, evaluation and constant reform. ‘Even for the best of the systems, there is always a possibility to become better,’ he added.Quoting Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the unifier of India and the creator of the Indian steel frame, the Vice President asked the officers representing Civil and Defence, technical and non-technical departments of the government to be guided by the spirit of service.
Saying that each citizen and person in country must feel that there was a perceptible improvement in the quality of life, he urged officers to adopt, adapt and scale up best practices to facilitate the common man. He also asked them to maintain professional competence and become constant learners of technology, policy and the world to serve the people better. Keep learning and absorb the best practices within and outside India, from both the private as well as the public sector, he said.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.10.20India, EU review 2025 roadmap, agree to advance FTA talks
- India and the World2021.09.30Quad set to grow stronger, more focus on economic than China
- Diplomacy2021.09.27Webinar: Eminent diplomats, experts to map post-summit future of Quad
- Diplomacy2021.09.25Quad summit bats for free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific