Prime Minister said Government is now focusing on districts which were lagging behind in many indicators of health, sanitation and infrastructure. He said 112 districts are being developed as Aspirational districts, with a focus on every parameter of development and governance. He added Government is undertaking real time monitoring on various parameters be it malnutrition, access to banking facilities, insurance, electricity and other in these districts. Better future of these 112 districts will ensure better future for the country, he added.
He mentioned about Jal Jeevan Mission, and said Government is connecting 15 crore households with piped water supply. Prime Minister said Government is committed to making India a $5 trillion economy, and is working as an enabler, facilitator and promoter to achieve this target.Prime Minister said several economic reforms such as historic Bank Merger, codifying of labour laws, recapitalization of Banks, reduction in corporate tax were undertaken. He mentioned that India is among the best performers in Ease of Doing Business ranking. India has improved 79 ranks over the past 5 years, he noted. He also spoke about special Rs. 25000 crore fund created for funding the stalled housing projects. He said government is also starting Rs.100 lakh crore worth infrastructure projects.
Prime Minister mentioned that India ranks 34th in the Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index. He noted that increase in tourism activities leads to creation of job opportunities, particularly for the poor. He spoke about the various initiatives being taken to transform the Human resource. Government is working with an outcome based, result oriented approach and focusing on the timed bound delivery of work, he added. Prime Minister said, roadmap of the Government is, “Right Intention, Best Technology and Effective Implementation for Better Future of 130 Crore Indians”.
PM’s speech at the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.11.26Putin visit to India: 2+2 boost for India-Russia ties
- Diplomacy2021.11.2626/11@13: India reminds Pakistan of closure, justice for Mumbai terror victims
- India and the World2021.11.18PM Modi warns world about crypto-currencies falling in wrong hands
- Business with India2021.11.15FTAs with Australia, UK, UAE on fast track: Piyush Goyal