Houston: It’s a show like no other. The much-awaited “Howdy Mody” pageant kicked off in Houston, the US’ energy capital, with over 50,000 Indian-Americans gathered at the NRG stadium to listen to their icon Narendra Modi.
A colourful dance-and-song show was put up for over an hour before Prime Minister Modi arrived at the NRG stadium to deafening applause and loud cheering by his besotted admirers. He was joined on the stage by over 20 members of the US Congress, including Senators and Representatives.
“It’s a celebration of friendship between India and America,” said John Cornyn, the US senator from Texas.
“Electric atmosphere at the NRG arena in Houston,” said Raveesh Kumar, spokesperson of India’s Ministry of External Affairs.
In a tribute to the growing importance of the India-US partnership and over 4 million-strong Indian community in the US, President Trump will join PM Modi at the Indian community event in Houston.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is a pioneering e-magazine and portal focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have been interviewed by and have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. To subscribe to India and World, write to email@example.com
- Africa Insights2020.05.24Mapping Next Steps in India-Africa Partnership: Pandemic and Beyond
- Diplomacy2020.05.23Post-COVID, India can emerge as a stronger force in West Asia: Anil Trigunayat
- China Connect2020.05.21China acted with responsibility in COVID-19 fight: Xi
- Africa Insights2020.05.20Indian Resilience and Defiance Against COVID-19 (The View from Uganda)