Taking forward counter-Covid cooperation, the United States has announced $25 million assistance to support COVID-19 vaccination efforts across India and hoped that joint efforts will help end the pandemic
“This funding will contribute to saving a life by strengthening vaccine supply chain logistics, addressing misinformation, vaccine hesitancy and helping to train more health care workers. We are determined to end this pandemic in India and the United States. We will work to do it,” Mr Blinken said during a joint press conference with External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on July 28.
“US has contributed more than $200 million worth of COVID19 assistance. I am pleased to announce that the United States government will send additional 25 million dollars to support vaccination efforts across India,” Mr Blinken said during a joint press conference with External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on July 28.
Mr Blinken profusely thanked India for its assistance to the US during the first wave of the pandemic. “We remember with gratitude and will not forget the aid and assistance India provided to us early in the pandemic. I am proud we could return the gesture to India.”
Mr Jaishankar, on his part, underlined that India has acknowledged the US’ efforts to keep the vaccine raw material supply chain open. “We discussed the need for global availability of affordable vaccines. We hope the US would take a sympathetic view of Indian travellers,” Mr Jaishankar said.
Enhancing counter-pandemic collaboration figured prominently in talks between the foreign ministers of the two countries.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- China Connect2022.05.19Implement Global Security Initiative, Maintain Peace and Stability in Asia
- India and the World2022.05.17India-Nepal ties strong & stables as Himalayas: Modi
- Quote-Unquote2022.05.04India believes there will be no winner in Russia-Ukraine conflict : Modi
- India and the World2022.05.02Modi, German Chancellor discuss Ukraine, Indo-Pacific