Heaping praise on Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s proactive diplomatic outreach, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said the respect for Indians living in the countries visited by him has grown. “Where-ever Modi has addressed the local Indian communities during his visits to foreign countries, the Indians there are extremely happy. After the Prime Minister’s visits, the Indians in those countries are feeling a great sense of pride and the respect for them has increased,” Mrs Swaraj said.
Speaking at Vishwa Sangh Shivir (World Sangh camp) in Indore, Mrs Swaraj said the camp had earlier being held in India in 2000 when Atal Bihari Vajpayee was prime minister and now the country was holding it again when Modi is the prime minister.
Praising the Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh, the group organising the camp, Mrs Swaraj said that it was making the new generation familiar with rich Indian culture in foreign lands. The event was also attended by RSS leader Manmohan Vaidya who participated in the six-day camp which started on December 29. There were around 700 representatives from 45 countries who are participating in the six-day long camp.
In 2015, Mr Modi made landmark visits to countries such as the US, UAE, Ireland, UK, France and Germany where he addressed the Indian diaspora living in these countries.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. Centre for Global India Insights is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs.
- India and the WorldMarch 2, 2024Jaishankar charts India’s ascent to a leading power
- India and the WorldMarch 1, 2024India-Mauritius Connect: From Runways to RuPay
- India and the WorldFebruary 28, 2024Gaza crisis: Jaishankar pitches for sustainable solution, says terror unacceptable
- India and the WorldFebruary 26, 2024Raisina Call: It’s time for a female UN Secretary-General