A day after the National Investigation Agency claimed that the terrorist involved in Burdwan (West Bengal) blast conspired to dislodge the government in Dhaka, India’s Home Minister Rajnath Singh visited the Bangladeshi Enclave on India-Bangladesh border in West Bengal.
On his two-day visit to the state, the home minister is expected to visit the Bangladeshi Enclave, the BSF outpost on the Indo-Bangladesh boarder in Cooch Behar district and Teen Bigha corridor. He will check the ground reality in the area ahead of the implementation of Land Boundary Agreement (LBA) with Bangladesh. Mr Singh will also hold talks with officers of the Border Security Force and the Border Guard Bangladesh at the Teen Bigha Corridor. He is also the first home minister to visit the Bangladeshi Enclave in India.
The NIA, who is probing the October 2014 Burdwan blast, claimed in the chargesheet that the Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen, a banned terrorist organisation in Bangladesh, had conspired to overthrow the democratically elected government in the country.
Currently, Bangladesh has 51 enclaves in India, and all of them are in Cooch Behar district of West Bengal. India has 111 enclaves spread in four district of Bangladesh on the same boarder. Once the deal is implemented, the Bangladeshi enclave in India will merge with India, and the Indian enclave in Bangladesh will be a part of Bangladesh. Citizens will be given citizenship of their respective country.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.10.26With India on upswing, PM Modi heads to G20, climate summit
- India and the World2021.10.20India, EU review 2025 roadmap, agree to advance FTA talks
- India and the World2021.09.30Quad set to grow stronger, more focus on economic than China
- Diplomacy2021.09.27Webinar: Eminent diplomats, experts to map post-summit future of Quad