Amid growing tensions between India and Pakistan, Russia’s President Vladimir V. Putin called Prime Minister Narendra Modi and underlined Moscow’s solidarity in India’s fight against terrorism in the aftermath of the Pulwama attack in Kashmir, engineered by Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish e-Mohammad.
“President Putin expressed his deep condolences on the Pulwama terrorist attack. He also conveyed solidarity of the people of the Russian Federation with the people of India in the fight against terrorism,” said a statement by India’s external affairs ministry.
PM Modi thanked President Putin for “Russia’s steadfast support for India’s efforts to protect its interests against cross-border terror attacks, and renewed India’s commitment to strengthening bilateral cooperation in countering terrorism as a pillar of privileged and special strategic partnership.” Both leaders agreed that the concerned should stop all support to terrorism, a veiled response to Pakistan’s role in fomenting terror attacks.
“Both the leaders also agreed that the growing cooperation between the two countries will take their Special and Privileged Strategic Partnership from strength to strength.”
President Putin invited PM Modi to attend the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok later this year.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- In Conversation2023.01.30ABC of Organising G20 Meetings, the India Way: Muktesh Pardeshi
- India and the World2023.01.28Pakistan PM, FM’s visit to India for SCO summit fuels hopes about better ties
- Diplomacy2023.01.25UN chief’s message to Taliban: Reverse ban on girls’ education
- China Connect2023.01.25Beyond Border: Water can be the next weapon in India-China conflict