Pakistan has refused to make public any information on the probe into the Pathankot terror attacks until the joint investigation team (JIT) completes its work. Punjab province’s Law Minister Rana Sanaullah has said that a JIT has been constituted to investigate the January 2 terrorist attack in Pathankot.
India and Pakistan were scheduled to hold Foreign Secretary-level talks on January 15. However, the talks were rescheduled through mutual consultation after the attack. India has been demanding action by Pakistan on the leads it provided in the aftermath of the terror attack. It wants Pakistan to apprehend the Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) terrorists suspected to have been involved in the attack. India has linked the fate of the Foreign Secretary-level talks to action by Pakistan.
“Nothing about the work of joint investigation team would be made public until it finished its job,” Mr Sanaullah said. “Whenever Pakistan embarked on the journey to progress, its enemies started to mislead people and used them to stop development,” he added.
Pakistan had earlier announced that it had taken Masood Azhar, the main perpetrator of the attacks under “protective custody”. India had provided the leads connected to Azhar and his brother Rauf to Pakistan along with two Pakistani phone numbers that received calls from the terrorists.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.11.26Putin visit to India: 2+2 boost for India-Russia ties
- Diplomacy2021.11.2626/11@13: India reminds Pakistan of closure, justice for Mumbai terror victims
- India and the World2021.11.18PM Modi warns world about crypto-currencies falling in wrong hands
- Business with India2021.11.15FTAs with Australia, UK, UAE on fast track: Piyush Goyal