In the aftermath of the terror attack hitting the Indian Air Force base in Pathankot, killing seven Indian soldiers, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval’s visit to China, which was expected to start January 5, has been put off
The visit has been put off due to scheduling problems, said a Chinese Foreign Ministry official. Mr Doval’s visit will be rescheduled as he is preoccupied with the handling of the Pathankot incident. Mr Doval, who is also India’s Special Representative for India-China boundary talks, was due to visit Beijing on a two-day visit during which he was scheduled to hold talks with his Chinese counterpart Yang Jiechi on key bilateral issues, including the border dispute.
So far, the two countries have held 18 rounds of border talks, but without a breakthrough.
“China and India have strengthened cooperation on security issues, including solving the border dispute through talks,” Fu Xiaoqiang, an expert on South Asian studies at the China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations, said. The two Asian giants have agreed to hold regular talks to enhance discussions on security issues at different levels.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2022.08.17India with France: Modi, Macron discuss civil nuclear energy, defence, food security
- India and the World2022.08.16Quad is about seascape, not landscape: Tomohiko Taniguchi
- India and the World2022.08.15India@100: PM Modi unveils next steps for making India a developed nation by 2047
- Africa Insights2022.07.20Jaishankar outlines new triad for India-Africa ties: health digital and green growth