BANGKOK: Seeking to enhance regional integration with Southeast Asia, India’s Vice President Hamid underlined the strategic importance of Thailand for India and stressed that the Southeast Asian economy should act as a bridge for India between East Asia and Southeast Asia. “I see a very promising future for our bilateral relations. There is much untapped potential in our relationship and much to rediscover and learn from each other’s culture, industry and society,” said Mr Ansari.
“With its unique geographic location, Thailand can be a bridge linking South East Asia to East Asia; while India can act as your springboard to West and Central Asia and to Europe.”
Addressing the banquet hosted for him in Thailand on February 3, Mr Ansari appreciated Thailand government’s commitment to impart greater momentum to the relations between the two countries.
Focusing on India’s ‘Act East Policy’, Mr Ansari said, “Thailand is an important pillar of this policy and a valued partner. We admire the way Thailand has brought progress to its industrious people by making great strides in socio economic development.” Showcasing India’s economic prowess, Mr Ansari underscored that India is “a bright spot with the highest economic growth amongst the larger emerging countries.”
“There is growing interest from across the world in building partnerships of trade, investment and innovation with India. I would urge the government and business community in Thailand to avail of the opportunities provided by a growing India.”
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.09.17AUKUS triggers diplomatic churn, India adopts strategic silence
- India and the World2021.09.17With Taliban on mind, Modi asks SCO to forge template against extremism
- Business with India2021.09.16India, UK eye interim trade deal, aim for $30 billion target
- India and the World2021.09.09BRICS@15 summit: Modi calls for making BRICS more result-oriented