Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Indonesian President Joko Widodo resolved to extend close collaboration while appreciating each other’s support in the pandemic during a phone chat on April 28.President Widodo thanked India for supplying essential medicines to deal with the crisis while Mr Modi assured him of uninterrupted supply of medical and other products.The two leaders also discussed the welfare of the Indonesians and Indians in each other’s countries, and agreed that the respective teams would keep open their channels for any assistance. Mr Modi underlined the important partnership the two countries share for overall socio-economic of the region.
Mr Modi also conveyed his greetings for the Holy Month of Ramadan to President Widodo and to the people of Indonesia.Indonesia had in the past criticized the abrogation of article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir. It had raised the issue at global forums along with Turkey and other Muslim nations. However, the government was successful in convincing them that the decision would bring positive changes to the region soon.More than 2000 people have succumbed to the virus in Indonesia while nearly half of that figure perished in India. Both countries have recorded thousands of positive cases so far.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Africa Insights2022.07.20Jaishankar outlines new triad for India-Africa ties: health digital and green growth
- Diplomacy2022.07.20India, Africa co-partners in economic growth: Piyush Goyal
- India and the World2022.07.15I2U2 Quad unveils plans for making India regional food hub
- News2022.07.11Modi unveils National Emblem cast on the roof of the new Parliament