Looking ahead to the biggest naval event hosted by India in the port city of Visakhapatnam, Prime Minister Narendra Modi underlined that it’s a big opportunity for the country.
It is a matter of pride that India is hosting a big event in the first week of February. The whole world is coming as a guest, and our navy is preparing for it,” Mr Modi said in his radio address ‘Mann Ki Baat’.
Mr Modi emphasised that warships and naval ships of several countries were assembling off Visakhapatnam for the review. The IFR 2016 will be held in Visakhapatnam from February 4 -8. It is expected that more than 90 ships, 24 of them foreign, will participate in the event. The main aim of the event is to showcase the growing capabilities of the Indian Navy.
“This is an attempt to establish a consonance between our military power and the military powers of the world. This is a joint exercise… a big opportunity,” Mr Modi said.
Speaking about India’s rich maritime history, Mr Modi asked the people to support the programme. “Land boundaries divide us, but the water, the ocean, unites us,” he said.
The International Fleet Review, one of the biggest events of its kind, is being held in India after 15 years.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- What they Say2021.07.29Negotiation the only path to achieve peace in Afghanistan: Blinken
- Diplomacy2021.07.28US pledges $25 million for vaccines in India, will end pandemic
- Diplomacy2021.07.28Jaishankar, Blinken discuss Afghanistan, Quad
- The Power of India2021.07.26On Kargil Vijay Diwas we pay homage to all those who lost their lives in Kargil protecting our nation : Modi