Bolstering their partnership, India and the US have signed an agreement for aviation safety technical assistance. India’s aviation regulator the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and United States Technical Development Agency (USTDA) signed the Grant Agreement for India Aviation Safety Technical Assistance Phase II in New Delhi on February 9.
“Phase II of the current project is aimed at sustaining efforts undertaken during 2014 for restoration of IASA Category 1 status and bringing in more systemic improvements in the area of operation, airworthiness and licensing. It will include components on General Aviation and Business Aviation,” the government said in an official statement.
According to the statement, the USTDA will partially fund the assistance and ‘The Wicks Group (TWG)’ will also bear the cost of assistance. The agreement will aim at improving systems at the DGCA. The Phase I of this collaboration had helped India get back its category I status from the US-based Federal Aviation Authority (FAA).
During an International Aviation Safety Assessment (IASA) audit carried out by the FAA in September 2013 and a review in December 2013, India was downgraded to Category 2 in January 2014. A reassessment and a follow-up visit in March 2015 led to India’s Category 1 status being restored in April 2015.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Africa Insights2020.07.11Webinar Video: Mapping Next Steps in India-Africa Partnership
- China Connect2020.07.10It’s time to put India-China relations back on track, think ahead: Chinese envoy
- Business with India2020.07.09India is playing a leading role in the global revival: Modi
- India and the World2020.07.06Doval-Wang video call defuses India-China crisis, focus back on border peace