India is exploring options to continue the bilateral dialogue with Pakistan in the aftermath of the ongoing terror attacks in Pathankot, with Finance Minister Arun Jaitley saying that the government will take a view after the Pathankot operations are over.
“Let the operation get over then the government will take a view,” Mr Jaitley said even as Indian security forces were trying to flush out the remaining terrorists from the IAF base in Pathankot, Punjab.
Appreciating the efforts of the security personnel who put their lives at stake defending the Pathankot air base, Mr Jaitley said that the main aim of the well-trained terrorists was to harm strategic assets. “A lot has been learnt from the Mumbai attacks, this led our security forces to stop the terrorists at the entrance and keep them at distance from our strategic assets,” he said.
The Pathankot attack, suspected to be the handiwork of Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohamed militant group, has put a question mark over the Foreign Secretary-level talks between S. Jaishankar and his Pakistan counterpart Aizaz Chaudhry, scheduled for January 15, in Islamabad.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.11.26Putin visit to India: 2+2 boost for India-Russia ties
- Diplomacy2021.11.2626/11@13: India reminds Pakistan of closure, justice for Mumbai terror victims
- India and the World2021.11.18PM Modi warns world about crypto-currencies falling in wrong hands
- Business with India2021.11.15FTAs with Australia, UK, UAE on fast track: Piyush Goyal