India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi has pitched for building a world-class maritime museum to showcase the nation’s age-old maritime legacy.
“India has great potential in shipbuilding, and this should be part of the country’s Make in India initiative,” Mr Modi said on the National Maritime Day on March 30.
The prime minister urged all the stakeholders to work closely in order to develop a world-class museum, which will showcase various aspects of Indian history and archaeology.
India’s maritime heritage dates back to nearly 5,000 years, with the world’s earliest known port in the city of Lothal of Indus Valley civilization (now in Gujarat).
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- China Connect2022.05.19Implement Global Security Initiative, Maintain Peace and Stability in Asia
- India and the World2022.05.17India-Nepal ties strong & stables as Himalayas: Modi
- Quote-Unquote2022.05.04India believes there will be no winner in Russia-Ukraine conflict : Modi
- India and the World2022.05.02Modi, German Chancellor discuss Ukraine, Indo-Pacific