[youtube id=”E7Q2fa7kesc”]Magical, Magnificent and out of this world. In this picturesque Indian Ocean island, the sea and the sun spin a magic web, attracting honeymooners and tourists in millions. And yes, the spirit and sounds of India are resonant all over this country.
The intimate ties between India and Mauritius are reflected in the National Day of Mauritius on March 12, which celebrates the launch of the salt satyagraha by Mahatma Gandhi 85 years ago. This year, Mauritius will have a special guest on its National Day: India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This will be Mr Modi’s first trip to the strategically located island nation and will focus on a host of interlinked issues, including trade and investment, anti-piracy operations, maritime security and the joint development of blue economy.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2020.10.29India defends Indo-Pacific, reminds China of rules-based order
- China Connect2020.10.29Don’t meddle in bilateral issues with India: China tells US
- Diplomacy2020.10.29We consider Central Asia as India’s ‘extended neighbourhood’ : Jaishankar
- Diplomacy2020.10.272+2 dialogue: India, US to protect rules-based order