Imparting a fresh momentum to bilateral ties, China’s Vice-President Liu Yuanchao is visiting India to carry forward the ambitious agenda for expanding bilateral ties that was firmed up during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the country in May.
“Li’s visit is yet another opportunity for interaction between the two sides to further implement the consensus reached between Chinese and Indian leaders and carry forward the Sino-India friendship, deepen bilateral cooperation and inject new momentum in bilateral ties,” China’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang said.
The two countries have been enhancing their trade ties over the past few years, with bilateral trade surpassing $70 billion, despite political differences. India and China have also been cooperating in various multilateral fora as the voice of the emerging countries. “With concerted efforts strategic partnership of cooperation between China and India for peace and prosperity has seen sound and stable development. The two sides have deeper exchanges of cooperation and maintained sound coordination on regional and international affairs,” added Mr Lu.
China views India’s development as an opportunity. Mr Liu’s visit would focus on working closely with India to implement bilateral consensus and take the strategic cooperation to the next level.
Mr Liu’s visit will be followed by that of the vice-chairman of China’s Central Military Commission Fan Changlong to India next month. The top military official’s visit follows the conclusion of a major counter-terrorism exercise by the two countries in Kunming in October. The back to back visits by the Vice President and top military official promises to set the stage for a more sustained engagement between the two Asian giants.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.04.22PM Modi invites world to partner with India for green development
- India and the World2021.04.22What Biden-Suga summit means for Indo-Pacific
- India and the World2021.04.09After Modi visit, India, Bangladesh focus on forging “youth maitri bridge”
- India and the World2021.04.08Post-Modi visit, webinar to focus on next steps in India-Bangladesh partnership