Student and teachers at the Tagore International School in New Delhi put their best foot forward in welcoming China’s First Lady to their school. Peng, on her part was the epitome and grace and charm, as she wooed the students and smiled for the cameras.
On September 18, students and teachers were brimming with excitement as Peng interacted with them and watched a cultural programme, and even did some Chinese calligraphy.
During the hour-long interaction, Peng addressed a select group of students encouraging them to learn and work hard.
Peng started learning calligraphy at the age of five from her father. She showed the children her flair with the brush as she wrote: “It is important for all of us to keep learning and work hard to achieve the goal we have set in life.”
The students, too, presented their dancing skills to the first lady, as they swayed to Rabindranath Tagore’s famous poem, “Where the mind is without fear”, in Kathak, Kuchipudi and Bharatanatyam.
The school has a special arrangement with a Chinese school, whereby Chinese teachers have been invited to teach Mandarin to students. Indian students also learn Tai Chi and calligraphy and students in China learn Kathak and yoga.
Since 2001, under an exchange programme, students and teachers have been also been going to China to learn and participate in a wide range of cultural and academic programmes.
In 2010, China’s Premier of the State Council Wen Jiabao also visited the school. During his visit he encouraged the pupils to learn the Chinese language and culture, in order to strengthen communications between the two countries and serve as young ambassadors of China-India friendship.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- China Connect2022.05.19Implement Global Security Initiative, Maintain Peace and Stability in Asia
- India and the World2022.05.17India-Nepal ties strong & stables as Himalayas: Modi
- Quote-Unquote2022.05.04India believes there will be no winner in Russia-Ukraine conflict : Modi
- India and the World2022.05.02Modi, German Chancellor discuss Ukraine, Indo-Pacific