After Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the “Digital India” programme, which is aimed at transforming lives of about 1.2 billion people in the country by providing them digital infrastructure, he went one step further and promised to do everything he could to enhance innovations in the country.
“We are doing everything possible to make enterprise and innovation easier. We have covered substantial ground in the last 14 months and want to do a lot more in the future,” said the prime minister, who was responding to suggestions posted on the specially-created platform on social media with regards to digitisation in India.
After Mr Modi-led government announced the “Digital India” initiative in New Delhi on July 1, several people, including political leaders, blitzed the social media platforms with suggestions on how to benefit the country with the Digital India mission.
The prime minister also highlighted the need for access of skills and knowledge, in addition to keeping pace with changes in technology.
Mr Modi underlined the need of making India as an innovation hub, driven by technology where new ideas could emerge and incubate. He pointed out the role played by startups in the country’s economy, saying they started small, and with the help of creative ideas and innovations, they went on to become engines of exponential growth.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2021.09.25Quad summit bats for free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific
- What they Say2021.09.24Kamala Harris inspiration for the world: Modi
- Diplomacy2021.09.24India, Australia PMs discuss Covid-19, clean energy amid AUKUS row
- China Connect2021.09.24Chinese envoy cautious India against Quad ‘clique politics,’ seeks better ties